Make sure you are prepared:
- Apply for a DigiD account if you do not have one. To apply for a DigiD account, please go to digid.nl. If you live in Europe, you can also log in using an electronic ID that is valid in the EU.
- If your first day of unemployment is more than a week away, please register for our e-mailservice (in Dutch). We will then send you an email when it is time for you to apply for an unemployment benefit.
- Try to look for a new job as soon as possible. Post your CV on werk.nl (in Dutch) and register with job sites and employment agencies.
The earliest you should apply for an unemployment benefit is 1 week before the first day of unemployment. Make sure you apply no later than 1 week after the first day of unemployment.
Monitor your application
- We will send you a letter 4 weeks after you have applied for your unemployment benefit. This letter will tell you if you qualify for a benefit, how much money you will receive and for how long you will receive the benefit.
- You can monitor your application via Mijn UWV.
Please note: You might have worked in both the Netherlands and another EU/EEA country or Switzerland. If this is the case and you are applying for an unemployment benefit, you might need a PD U1 form (in Dutch).