In most cases, you are obliged to continue paying the wages of a sick employee, but this is not always the case. You may receive a sickness benefit for your employee in the following cases:
- Your employee has become ill due to her pregnancy or delivery.
- Your employee has become ill due to an organ donation.
- Your employee suffers from an illness or disability and is covered by the no-risk policy.
- Your employee is an older, previously unemployed employee and is covered by the compensation scheme.
You may receive a sickness benefit for an employee who is not, or no longer, in salaried employment in the following cases:
- Your employee is leaving your employment.
- Your employee has just left your employment.
- Your employee is notionally employed.
- Your employee is a temporary worker.
- Your employee is an on-call or stand-in worker.
More detailed information can be found under the Ziektewet-uitkering header on uwv.nl. Please contact us if you have any questions. Please keep your withholding tax number ready, as this will help us to serve you better.